Be present. Be intentional.
IES is all about helping people grow to fulfill God’s purpose for their lives. To facilitate that we offer Internships as a ministry to those who are interested in growing in ministry. What does an internship look like? Each internship is unique to the needs and goals of the person doing. We have the ability to structure internships to facilitate academic development, personal ministry development, or even first-time work-life experiences.
We realize that our church ministries, demographics, and philosophy can be a little different from the traditional church experience. The cross-cultural nature of our church itself provides a unique setting for ministry. We believe that we have an opportunity to provide a unique experience for ministry exposure and training.
We seek to develop ministers
Our internship program is open to anyone interested in ministry training. One of the requirements is availability. We expect our interns to be available to do ministry and support work for around 30 hours/week throughout the time they have committed to intern.
We provide and supervise practical ministry experience, discipleship, and mentoring. To sign up for our internship programs, please click on the button below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept a range of interns, for example:
- College students needing internship credits
- Missionary Associates with the Assemblies of God World Missions (AGWM)
- Missions Abroad Placement Services (MAPS) Volunteers from AGWM, ranging from 6 weeks to 11 months stay
- Local interns from within our church and within Indonesia
- College graduates doing a gap year to do missions and service
- College students wanting to do cross-cultural ministry for a summer
Depending on the interns, our internship program ranges from 6 weeks to 2 years.
What to Expect
General exposure to cross-cultural church ministries, ministry in a specific ministry area, mentorship, training in ministry, cultural exposure to Jakarta and Indonesian cultures, some element of language learning, and a whole lot of fun!
These are areas of ministries we offer:
- Graphic Design
- Missions and Outreach
- Teens Ministry
- Kids Ministry
- Pastoral Ministry
How to Intern at IES
Follow the steps below:
- Fill out our Internship Application Form
- Initial interview with Internship Coordinator
- Interview with potential Ministry Leader
- Final decision and official invite upon approval
- Complete AGWM application.*
- Raise funds for living and ministry expenses*